– Xochielt Sanchez
Answer by Robert Frost:
I'm sure some Yankee will come along and make the argument for New York, so I'll make the argument for Houston.
Ten Reasons Houston is the Better City
1. Houston is the most ethnically diverse metropolitan area in the United States
2. Houston is the number one city for job creation in the United States
3. Houston's unemployment rate is lower than New York's unemployment rate
4. The cost of living in Houston is less than the cost of living in New York
5. Adjusted for cost of living, salaries are higher in Houston than in New York.
6. Houston is home to the largest medical center in the world.
7. Food. New York cannot compete with the barbecue, Tex-mex, Cajun, and Vietnamese foods of the Gulf Coast.
Even the New York Times says "Houston, the city that they are both helping to make into one of the country’s most exciting places to eat."
8. Forbes Magazine ranked Houston the coolest city in the country (it ranked New York as 10th).
9. People in Houston are friendlier than people in New York – Travel and Leisure Magazine ranked Houston as the 20th most friendly city and New York as the 35th.
10. Houston in January vs. New York in January